9 ways to ruin a sermon
1. Make it about you, not Jesus.
2. Force Scripture to fit to your outline, instead of the other way around.
3. Preach like a Texas Steer, “a point here, a point there and a lot of bull in-between”
4. Exegete the meaning of the text without exegeting the needs of the audience.
5. Don’t fess’ up your mess ups in areas you personally struggle with.
6. Stop giving meaningful ways to apply the text practically.
7. Make it political, not Biblical.
8. Become the “anti guy” by always preaching about theological views that are wrong.
9. Refuse to “take your text and make a beeline for the cross.” (HT Charles Spurgeon)