10 reasons why I love the Bible
1. It is God’s Word.
2. It’s the one thing we have on earth that’s really from heaven.
3. Although every word was inspired by God every book reflects the personality of the human authors.
4. It is full of crazy stuff that makes it awkwardly awesome (tent peg through sleeping guy’s head, bald prophet siccing bears on mocking teens, talking snake, etc.)
5. It is full of fulfilled prophecies that make Nostradamus look like a rookie playing hookie.
6. Thousands of years after it was written it’s still immensely convicting and practical.
7. A little kid can understand it while a theologian can be stumped by it.
8. It was written by 40 men from 3 continents over the course of 1,500 years yet is without contradiction!
9. It is living, active and sharper than a two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12.)
10. It tells the “greatest story ever told that’s hardly ever told.”
So why do YOU love the Bible?